Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Weekend of Filming!!!




Over the weekend, I had the chance to come to school and apply zombie makeup on my fellow students. At first, I wasn't sure what to do because I had only done zombie makeup a couple of times before. I was afraid that I would mess up the ac
tors' faces and make the movie look bad. After doing zombie makeup on a couple of students, I gained confidence. I began to develop a vision for what look I wanted. I wanted to create a look that looked clammy with a lot of greenish yellow hues. With the help of others, I was able to accomplish my goal. The directions that professional makeup artist Mykel Renner left were extremely helpful.
Before I began applying makeup, I applied moisturize
r to my victim's face. (Sometimes I couldn't do this because there wasn't enough time.) Then I applied a foundation all over their faces giving them a paler face. I highlighted their cheekbones with colors from the death wheel like green, yellow and blue. For the eyes, I applied red eyeliner and smudged and used purple on their eye sockets. I also used some of the red eyeliner on the person's inner lips. I added the finishing touch by putting fake scabs and scratch marks on people.
At the end of the day, I learned that a
pplying makeup gets easier with practice. I thought it was fun applying zombie makeup on people. My favorite part of the day was when I applied zombie makeup on Mr.Beloff because how often do you get a chance to make a teacher ugly?





1 comment:

  1. You and your students are fantastic! Can't wait for the red carpet screening of the film.

    ReplyDelete